Chicken is our all time favorite.This cannot be claimed as the traditional Kerala chicken roast.I kind of made up the recipe while i was cooking.Here is the recipe.
- Chicken Cut into small pieces-1 lb
- Green Chillies-2-3 sliced
- Onion-2 nos medium size
- Red Chilly flakes-1 tbsp
- Curry leaves-1 spring
- Turmeric powder-1 tsp
- Chilly Powder-1 tbsp
- Pepper Powder-1 tbsp
- Garam masala-1 tbsp+1 tsp
- Ginger minced-2 tbsp
- Garlic-2 tbsp
- Coconut mil-1/4 cup
- Vinegar-1 tbsp
- Oil(coconut oil preferred)
Method of Preparation
- Marinate chicken with turmeric powder,chilly powder,vinegar,pepper powder ,garam masala (1 tbsp) half of minced garlic ,ginger and salt.Keep aside for 1 hr
- Cook the marinated chicken in coconut milk without adding water.
- Cook until the chicken is done and there is no gravy .
- Add 1 tbsp oil and sauté the pieces in medium heat for chicken pieces to be crispy
- Heat oil in a kadai add chopped onion saute till transparent and light brown color
- Add Green chillies,ginger and garlic and saute for 5 mins
- Add Curry Leaves .
- Add Cooked chicken pieces and saute till it gets coated with all the ingredients.
- Add rest of garam masala and saute well.
- Add Red chilly flakes.(If you don want the dish to be hot avoid this step)
- Serve with rice or rotis