Idichakka thoran is very famous in kerala kitchen.So here is my recipe for idichakka thoran from my kitchen to yours...
- Tender green jackfruit (I used a cans of tender jackfruit available in most Indian grocery stores)
- Coconut-1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds-1 tsp
- Shallots-2-3 nos
- Mustard-1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder-1 tsp
- Chilly Powder-1 tsp
- Curry Leaves (Optional)
- green hilly-2 nos
- Red Chilly-2 for tempering
Method Of Preparation
- Clean the jackfruit and cut into small chunks. Add some water, salt and 1/4tsp of turmeric powder and cook covered in a pan till soft.
- When the jackfruit is cooled down,chop them in a food processor for once
- Combine the coconut,chillypowder,green chillies and cumin seeds in a food processor (not to fine paste)
- Combine the jackfruit and the ground mixture
- Heat a pan,add oil(coconut oil preferred) splutter mustard and then add shallots,curry leaves,red chillies and saute for 2 mins
- Add the the jackruit mixture and cook covered for 5 -10mins.Server hot
- This goes well with rice.