- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk
Ingredients for Frosting
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup frozen strawberries pureed
Method Of Preparation-Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- In another medium bowl, beat the eggs and sugar with an electric mixer until light and foamy, about 2 minutes. While beating, gradually pour in the butter and then the vanilla.
- While mixing slowly, add half the dry ingredients, then add all the milk, and follow with the rest of the dry ingredients. Take care not to over mix the batter. Divide the batter evenly in the prepared tin.
- Bake until a tester inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Cool cupcakes on a rack in the tin for 10 minutes, then remove
Method of Preparation-Frosting
- In a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in 1/4 cup of the strawberry puree and the vanilla extract. (The rest of the puree is leftover but can be used in smoothies or on ice cream for a delicious treat.) Gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating until smooth.
- Use a rubber spatula spread the icing on the top of the cupcakes.